You have adjusted well to going to school and seem to really enjoy your time there. Your teachers are Miss Kesha and Miss Maria. There is another teacher that spends a lot of time helping in your class, Miss Sista. You love Miss Sista. When she is around she has your full attention. I am glad you have found a friend! When you first started school you were very quiet and slept quite a bit, but now you are talking with your friends and teachers, and even with the other moms when they come visit their own kids! Your school is right across the street from my work so I come over to spend my lunch break with you. You are the best lunch date I ever had!
At school they have a log recording your activities during the day. We almost always request that you get some tummy time. You hate tummy time, by the way, and get really angry if left on your tummy too long. It is actually kind of funny because when you have had enough and start to cry you continue to cry for several minutes after you are rescued. We think you are just trying to drive your point home! You have also discovered your hands. You have them in your mouth a whole lot (we think you may be getting a tooth soon), but when you are not sucking on your fingers you are grabbing and reaching for toys. You investigate everything in your hands and further investigate it by putting it in your mouth.
We have established a pretty good routine. Your daddy wakes you up around 6am and changes your diaper and plays with you while I get ready for work. Then we switch and I feed you and get you ready for school. You are usually there at 7:45. I pick you up at 4pm and we are home around 4:45. Your daddy plays with you and gives you a bath while I prepare your bottles for the next day. You then eat and play with Daddy until you get so sleepy you just drift right off. That usually happens around 7:30 or 8pm, but has been a little earlier lately. You must be in a growth spurt because you are eating and sleeping a bit more than before. In fact, we know you are in a growth spurt because you only have four outfits that fit you now! Your Daddy and I don't spend much money on your clothes because you grow out of them soooo fast. Don't worry, we will change our perspective on this once you start to care about what you are wearing. Rest assured, we make sure you are always looking cute! Daddy and I shop the sale and clearance racks for ourselves also, so please don't feel too shafted. :)
You have started to eat some solid foods. We have only had oatmeal so far and it sure is messy, but I think you are getting some of it down...maybe.
We have also started going to "Play and Learn" classes at Gymboree. Your Dad and I have started to realize that we are running out of ideas on how to stimulate you and could use a little help. We went to a free class to try it out and you seemed to really like it. You stayed engaged the whole time with lots of giggling and squealing. We ended up signing up for a membership just to try it out for a few months. You seem to be a pretty social guy and enjoy being around others so this will be good for you.
Four months stats:
Weight: 15 pounds, four ounces - 50th percentile
Height: 25 inches - 50th percentile
Head: 10th percentile



I love hearing people's birth stories, even if they're a little TMI. Everyone's experience is so different!!
ReplyDeleteI was induced, so we just checked in to the hospital like you would check in to a hotel (well, obviously not as nice, but it was similar in how they were already expecting me...). Five-and-a-half super fast hours later, I had Eli in my arms!
And oops... I meant to put that above message in your first post! But the Gymboree thing sounds very cool too!
ReplyDelete