As previously mentioned, Gabe and I took the Shrimp swim class at the YMCA...I guess it is just called "The Y" now. Anyway, it is an introduction to water and swimming for babies six months old and up. It was a lot of fun. We sang songs and worked on floating on backs and tummies, and staying horizontal in the water while kicking. The class also was geared toward early water safety by trying to ingrain basic safety tips such as waiting for an adult before jumping in the water, finding the edge of the pool, and bouncing on the bottom of the pool. We also tried to blow bubbles in the water. Gabe thought the bubble blowing was funny. He would imitate me by taking a breath and sticking his face in the water, but he never actually blew bubbles with me. That meant that he would get water in his mouth which he would prompty spit out. Not bad! However, I hope that instinct doesn't translate to when I am actually trying to get him to drink water, but we will see. At least he was not afraid to stick his face in the water.
Anyway, at the end of the four day course Gabe received a certificate for participating. It is kind of funny, but I was/am pretty excited about this!
This was an all around good class and was a lot of fun. His friend and daycare classmate, Emma, was in the class also which made it extra fun! There are no pictures which is unfortunate because both babies looked darling in their swimwear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment