Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

First day of school drop off

Today is the first day of school for all of Austin and that included Gabe. Today is Gabe's first day in room 2. I have been strangely nervous about this....more so than when I dropped him off for the very first time to be cared for by someone other than Brad and me. I think what is causing the nerves is moving on from Miss Kesha and Miss Maria. Gabe really thrived in their care. I am so grateful to those ladies. They also helped me thrive as Gabe's mother. Maternity leave was a wonderful time, but it was also very difficult and sort of lonely. It was nice to get some professionals on my team! Room 1 is a special place for me.

We started the day at full steam and were looking forward to the adventures that lay ahead. On the way to Room 2 we stopped by room 1 to say hello. Everything was fine until I got a hug from Miss Maria. I got kind of sad again. We moved on though and were greeted by a very cheerful Miss Susan and Miss Kimberly. One of the ladies scooped Gabe up and gave him lots of love while the other showed me the ropes. I felt instantly better. Of course it was going to be ok. I knew it all along. It is just that Miss Maria and Miss Kesha know Gabe and they have a little pattern that they have fallen into together. I just reminded myself that I will give the new teachers all of the Gabe tips I can and the rest will just be a matter of getting to know each other. No sweat.

So, I went to work and realized I forgot something at the school. When I walked in to Gabe's new room, there was Miss Maria putting Gabe into his crib for his 8:30 nap. She knew he would be tired and didn't think his new teachers would know to put him down so she paid him a quick visit to make sure he got what he needed. I went back to work with no worries at all.

2 comments:

  1. Aww... isn't Ms. Maria the sweetest?! But I really like Ms. Susan too, and I know Gabe will do great in this room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how sweet! Jack is glad that he's with his BFF Gabe in Room 2 now. And Miss Maria is just the best. Hands down. So glad we're all going through this together!

    ReplyDelete