Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Gigi starts school



Maternity leave has come to an end so Gillian started school at Rosewood Oaks on March 1st. She is doing great! Luckily, Gillian is a pretty easy going baby...although she isn't a huge fan of having her diapers changed.

The main concern was how Gabe would react to having Gillian handled by other people at school. I am still trying to find the best way to drop them off and pick them up from school. Drop off is pretty easy, but the pick up still needs some work. The first day I decided to pick up Gabe first and then go together to get Gillian. It was pretty crazy, but funny also. Ms. Maria was changing Gillian's diaper and she was screaming. Gabe was so upset and kept yelling, "No, Gigi!" Once Ms. Maria handed her back to me Gabe showered her in kisses and kept saying "hugs!". He stroked her head and hugged her repeatedly. Funny, Gillian calmed right down. Every adult in the room melted. Good stuff.

I am still perfecting my pick up, but now that we are on our second week of school for Gillian, Gabe seems to understand that Gigi is there too and is ok. He paid her a visit in her classroom yesterday and went right over for a kiss. When it was time to leave his teacher was afraid he would be super upset, but he gave her a hug and went on. Everything is an adjustment, but we are getting there.

Anyway, Gillian is fitting right in at school. I am thrilled to have Ms. Maria and Ms. Venice as her teachers. They are a great team. Thanks ladies! I go to work with a clear head and clear heart every day.

1 comment: